Thursday 31 July 2014

How To Train Your Dragon Nails

I went to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 at the cinema recently and loved it! So I decided to paint the dragons from the movie on my nails. The base colour I used on my nails is OPI's Bubble Bath - a natural looking base colour like this is best for this design to make sure all the colours from the dragons stand out really well.

How to get this look: 

Apply the base colour on all of your nails and then paint the face shape of each dragon in the suitable colour.

After painting all the base colours for the dragons you can go back and start adding details. As you will be layering lots of colours on top of each other you should work on each nail a bit at a time and move on to the next nail while each layer of polish dries.

For the 'Toothless' nail (the black dragon) I used nail polish remover on a wooden stick to remove the black polish where I would be painting the eyes, this was so I could use a green base and then a green glitter polish to make the eyes really bright and shiny.

All the dragons detailing was drawn with nail art pens.

To finish off let your nails dry for a while to avoid smudging and then apply a top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment