Monday 9 June 2014

Pokemon Nails (Sandshrew and Sandslash)

This is my second post for Pokemon themed nails and probably not the last! There are so many different Pokemon characters to choose from so you can go crazy when designing for this theme. For my design I chose two of my favourite pokemon Sandshrew and Sandslash. I decided to write the PokeDex information on the nails next to my Pokemon drawings as I spent a lot of time and detail working on the faces. 

How to get this look: apply a base coat and then your base colour. I used OPI's Alpine Snow, I think white is the best base colour for this design so the lettering and Pokemon colours stand out. For the Pokemon and Pokeball I worked from the inside out - so start with your yellow/red base and add the other face detailing and then come back and do the black outline last. For the lettering you will need a good nail art pen. I used a Models Own nail art pen, this is my favourite black nail art pen to use as you can achieve fairly fine lines compared to some cheaper nail pens I have which draw very thick lines which wouldn't be suitable for small lettering and details. When complete, let your nails dry for a few minutes and then apply a top coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment