Sunday 24 May 2015

Pastel Galaxy

I love nail art designs where different colours are faded and blended together using a makeup sponge. I was really bad at using the makeup sponge technique the first time I tried it so I have been practicing it a lot recently to try and perfect it. One of my favourite designs that you can create with a makeup sponge is Galaxy nails that look like the starry night sky. I have seen loads of people try this design so I decided to try it out myself but using pastel colours. The main three colours I used were all from Wah London:- the pastel blue is called An Even Bigger Splash, the lilac is called Mating Surfaces and the pink is called No Nails No Life. The purple glitter polish I used is called Moon Walking from Rimmel Londons space dust collection.





How to get this look:

Apply a base coat and two coats of white nail polish.

Apply a dot of blue nail polish onto a makeup sponge and dab it on the nail leaving a few patches of blue with spaces of white in between where the other colours will go. 

Repeat this step with lilac and then pink nail polish so that the white base is fully covered.

Go back with just the blue and the lilac and apply another layer of these colours with the sponge to give better colour coverage. Dab the sponge lightly where the different colours meet so that they are blended evenly and fade into each other.

Apply a dot of purple glitter polish onto the makeup sponge and dab this onto your nail where you applied the lilac polish.

Use a white nail art pen to draw stars and dots on your nails and make sure they are in different positions on each nail.

Finish by applying a top coat.


If you try out this design send me a photo @KathleenEmilyy on Twitter and Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment