Wednesday 13 May 2015

Ombré Nails

I like doing ombré nails as it is a really quick and easy nail art design. All you need is two different nail polish colours and a makeup sponge. The base colour I used was Strawberry Margarita by OPI and to create the ombré colour fade I used an orangey/coral coloured polish. You can use any two colours to create a colour fade as long as they aren't too similar or it won't show up very well. Use two bright colours like the pink and orange in my design for a subtle colour fade or use a bright colour and a pastel colour together to create a more startling ombré effect.


How to get this look:

Apply a base coat

Apply two coats of your chosen base colour (I usually use the darker of the two colours as the base - I used pink as my base here)

Allow your nails to dry for a few minutes

Apply a dot of your second nail polish colour onto a makeup sponge and then dab the sponge on to the tip of your nail moving up to the middle of the nail leaving less colour as you get closer to the middle to create a fading effect. Keep applying more polish to the sponge when it stops leaving colour on the nail.

Using your sponge go back and dab another layer of polish on to the tips so your second colour is fully covering the tip and then gradually fades out towards the middle of the nail.

Finish by applying a top coat


If you try out ombré nails yourself tag me in your pics @KathleenEmilyy on Twitter and Instagram - I would love to see the different colour combinations you can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment