Wednesday 6 May 2015

Nail HQ Review

I have been trying out some nail products from Nail HQ - a British nail care brand. The products I am trying out are: Protect and Repair treatment, Hardener and Gel Top Coat. 



Gel Top Coat
I have tried so many top coats over the years and nothing ever compares to high end brands like OPI but with this top coat I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. It feels very smooth when you apply it and always coats the nail evenly. It's important that I keep my nail art chip free for as long as possible so to really test the strength of the top coat I put some Swarovski crystals on my nails which were held in place only by the top coat - no nail glue! I was amazed to find that my nails lasted 5 days before I lost a crystal or got any chips in the polish. I would definitely recommend using this top coat as it is very strong and looks really nice and glossy when it is dry.

Hardener
The hardener is designed to strengthen thin and weak nails and should prevent brittle and splitting nails. I have been using the hardener as a base under my coloured polish to improve the strength of my nails and also to help my coloured polish last longer. I feel like the hardener has improved the strength of my nails because my nails usually split very easily at the tips and I have not noticed this happen as much recently. Because I am constantly wearing nail polish it is really important for me to use treatments like this to improve the condition of my nails and I will definitely be using this one again.

Protect & Repair
This is a treatment designed to hydrate, moisturise and condition nails and is recommended for use after wearing acrylic or gel nails. I gave this treatment to my mum to try out as her nails are quite weak and could do with a conditioning treatment. You apply the treatment every day for five days like a regular nail polish and then remove it with nail polish remover and start the process again. She really liked the product and said it made her nails feel healthier and in better condition. She liked how quickly it dried and it looks like you are wearing clear nail polish so it gives your nails a nice shiny but natural look. The only bad point she noticed is that when doing things like washing dishes the treatment chipped off on the tips but if you wear rubber gloves when cleaning you shouldn't have this problem.

There are lots more Nail HQ treatments for different nail problems which I would love to try in the future. Their products are available at Tesco and Amazon - let me know if you try any of them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment