Thursday 5 March 2015

What I’m going to wear to Cheltenham Races Ladies Day on 11th March

Today I have been asked to take part in the #ColourMeMarch campaign so I have put together an outfit idea for Ladies Day Wednesday 11th March at Cheltenham Races. The theme of the Colour Me March campaign is colour, so for my entry I chose my brightest dress which has neon pink hearts and splashes of neon yellow in the design. I have also created some matching nail art designs because if you are going to wear a statement dress you need to have some bright standout nails to go with it!

If you want to enter the competition you just need to put together your own colourful outfit and tweet a photo using the hashtag #ColourMeMarch or you can enter online by following the link below:
http://www.thefestival15.co.uk/colourmemarch/


These are my two nail designs I have created to match the amazing pattern on my dress. I used two coats of black polish for the base colour on both designs. For the design on the left I used a pink Wah Nails nail art pen to draw tiny hearts in a polka dot pattern. For the design on the right I used a neon yellow polish and a thin brush to draw a big heart outline in the centre of the nail and then filled it in with two coats of neon yellow. To create the pink pattern I painted one coat of a Barry M pink crackle polish over the yellow heart and then waited for it to crack. As always I finished off my nails with a top coat to make the colours super shiny.

My dress below was from the Versace for H&M collection. I love the combination of neon colours and the heart pattern with black fringing on the top and bottom of the dress. It is definitely a statement dress and it grabs attention when I wear it which is why I have chosen it for my #ColourMeMarch outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment