Thursday 26 March 2015

Glitter Fade Nails

I think of my nails as a fashion accessory so one my favourite things to do is match my nail design to an outfit or piece of jewellery. I have just received some cute new earrings from Body Jewellery Shop. They have a good choice of earpiercing jewellery if you are looking for a simple design at very affordable prices. The first pair of earrings are some round glitter studs in silver, they are really sparkly so they would be nice to wear on an evening occasion. My second pair of earrings are some star studs, they are quite small and subtle so they would go with most outfits and would make a nice everyday piece of jewellery. You can visit their website here: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com


I painted my nails, inspired by my new earrings, with a glitter fade effect and added swarovski crystals and a star sequin. I love having sparkly nails and a glitter fade is one of my favourite nail art designs because it is quick and simple and doesn't require any tools other than a bottle of glittery nail polish. To create a glitter fade apply a base coat and then paint on your glitter polish from the tip of your nail towards your cuticle making sure there is more glitter at the tip and less near the cuticle. Go back and apply another layer of glitter polish just on the tip of the nail and dab the brush in the middle of the nail to create a graduated effect. If you want you can add some crystals and stars by applying them to the nail before the polish has dried and then finish by applying a top coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment