Sunday 8 February 2015

Pokémon Valentine Nails

It's nearly Valentines Day so I wanted to do some Valentine themed nails. I love Pokémon and I thought it would be fun to create a nail design with cute poké-puns. 

How to get this look:

Start with a base coat and then two coats of OPI's Alpine Snow.

Draw the pokemon at the bottom of the nail but make sure you leave enough room at the top to fit the text in. I drew all the pokemon using a very fine nail art brush. (Tip - you can get sets of nail art brushes really cheap on ebay!)

The lettering is drawn on using a black nail art pen, you should practice writing with it on paper first to get the pen running smoothly to achieve thin lines. The nail art pen I used was from Models Own.

Finish by applying a top coat, you should dab it on to the nail rather than dragging the brush across the nail as the black polish will smudge very easily on a white base even if it has dried.

If you recreate this design please share it with me - @KathleenEmilyy on both Twitter and Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment